VMware Horizon 8: Virtual Desktop Bootcamp
|Langue : FR||Référence : VH-VDB||Durée : 5 jours|
|Formation à distance ou en vos locaux.||Prix : A définir|
Cette formation est organisée uniquement à la demande d'un client et sera adaptée à ses besoins spécifiques.
Ainsi, un grand nombre de nos formations propose une réduction tarifaire.
Veuillez nous contacter pour plus de renseignements.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon
- Use VMware vSphere® to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon
- Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops
- Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop
- Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop
- Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs
- Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops
- Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
- Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool
- Implement a structured approach to troubleshooting
- Resolve common issues that occur in a Horizon environment
- Troubleshoot issues with linked and instant clones
- Configure the Windows client
- Identify the correct log level for gathering logs
- Optimize protocols for the best end-user experience
VMware Horizon® 8: Virtual Desktop Bootcamp is a five-day combination course of VMware Horizon 8: Skills for Virtual Desktop Management and VMware Horizon 8: Virtual Desktop Troubleshooting. This training combination gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform.
You build skills in configuring and managing VMware Horizon 8 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end-users. Additionally, you learn how to resolve common issues that occur in a VMware Horizon environment.
You engage in a series of lab exercises to bring existing environment issues to resolution. The exercises mirror real-world troubleshooting use cases. These exercises equip learners with the knowledge and practical skills to manage typical challenges faced by virtual desktop administrators and operators.
- VMware Horizon 8 v2006
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to VMware Horizon
- Introduction to Use Case
- vSphere for Horizon 8
- VMware Horizon Desktops
- VMware Horizon Agents
- VMware Horizon Pools
- VMware Horizon Client Options
- Creating and Managing Instant-Clone Desktop Pools
- Creating RDS Desktop and Application Pools
- Monitoring VMware Horizon
- Overview of Virtual Desktop Troubleshooting
- Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
- Troubleshooting VMware Horizon Linked Clone Desktops
- Troubleshooting Instant Clones
- Windows Client
- Ports and Protocols
A qui s'adresse cette formation:
Operators, administrators, and architects responsible for the creation, maintenance, or delivery of remote and virtual desktop services.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database